Santa Muerte (Our Lady of Holy Death) is the personification of death that brings healing, protection and safe delivery to the afterlife. This original design by Heber Fransiskus Tambunan she is accompanied by her collection of symbolic objects.
- The Globe represents death’s vast power and domination over the entire world. She will eventually claim everyone living on earth.
- The Scythe cuts negative energy and symbolizes hope and prosperity. It cuts a silver thread at the moment of death.
- The Owl is a messenger that shows her wisdom and ability to navigate the darkness.
- The Hourglass shows that death is not the end. It can be inverted to start over. It also symbolizes patience.
- The Scales of justice, equality, impartiality and divine will.
- Her cloak symbolizes the protection she extends to her devotees. She opens her cloak to cover and keep them safe.
- The lamp (not shown) provides guidance, calm and insight to her followers.
- It is believed that Santa Muerte is rooted back to the Aztec goddess Mictlancihuatl who ruled the underworld with her husband. She may also have originated as the afterlife version of the Virgin of Guadalupe.
- White removes negative energy, purifies, removes obstacles and provides protection, motivation and happiness.
- Bone is an all purpose color that represents spirit contact, ancestors, peace, success and harmony.
- Green is for justice, legal matters, luck and financial prosperity.
- Gold is for money, prosperity, success, abundance, motivation and courage.
- Purple is for all forms of health including mental, physical, emotion and spiritual. Also for psychic abilities.
- Blue is for wisdom, study, retaining information, teaching understanding and knowledge.
- Red is for love, passion, lust, sexuality, marriage, relationships and anything to do with feelings of the heart.
Black provides protection, overcoming problems and obstacles, revenge, and reversing spiritual attacks.
|Sleeve length, in||9||10||10||10||10||11|